What are the best foods of choice?
Surveys and sources say…
- APPLES have antioxidants which fight free radicals. They have been called a “miracle” fruit.
- ALMONDS are rich in nutrients and help maintain healthy cholesterol levels. Eating nuts could help you live longer.
- BROCCOLI is rich in phytonutrients and has vitamin C, but don’t over cook!
- BLUEBERRIES are rich in phytonutrients can can help fight cognitive decline.
- OILY FISH can help people with inflammatory diseases.
- LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES can lower a person’s risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
- SWEET POTATOES are rich in dietary fiber.
- WHEAT GERM is a great source of fiber.
- AVOCADOS can lower blood cholesterol levels if eaten regularly.
- OATMEAL is rich in complex carbohydrates.
by Kevin Woolsey