School has started for many and teachers are planning, teaching and evaulating student performance. Here are some quick tips from a teacher in-service instruction.
10 Rules of Student Engagement
1. Smile at the door.
2. Arranging the classroom for interaction.
3. Gain rapport, talking the minute they walk through the door.
4. Deliver lessons with enthusiasm.
5. Use technology.
6. Facilitated teaching. Teacher only talking 20 percent of the class time.
7. Use NLP (Audio, Visual and Kinesthetic.)
8. Brain functions.
9. Set a goal, creates a flow environment.
10. Change it up. Change is good. Keep adding new things.