Be More Persuasive, Make Great Slides
Summary by Baton Rouge 360, from Nancy Duarte, CEO, Duarte, Inc.
1. Don’t do read-alongs.
2. Stand out and be remembered.
3. Use slides selectively.
4. Shape a conversation first.
5. Think about what you want to say before making slides.
6. Create visuals to support your speech.
7. Create a slide that can be processed in 3 seconds.
8. Storyboard one concept per slide to keep it simple.
9. Sketch out your slides on post it notes before using powerpoint.
10. Slides are VISUAL. Use a diagram, a chart or a photo.
11. Use handouts for lots of text.
Full video at HBR here: http://hbr.org/video/2235534274001/create-slides-people-will-remember