7 Quotes from LSU Coach Les Miles, SEC Football Media Days, Thursday July 16, 2015:
- It’s my 11th year at LSU, doesn’t get any better than that. The opportunity to take a young team, coach them a little bit, make them better, get us in the playoffs, and an opportunity to represent LSU, great college, great opportunities for our players.
- The summertime is over. I recognize that when I see you guys. But summer’s been fun. I think it’s important that the coach as well as the players kind of have a separation because we go every day.
- Our team, eight wins, certainly not enough. We played some really good ball clubs in that eight-win season and played them very close, but our goal is the playoffs, our goal is the SEC championship. We’re shy of our goals, and we want more. The things that we’ve done, I think we’re in really good shape. 15 straight Bowl games, 8 victories for the record 15 straight years with eight or more. We returned 14 starters, 8 on offense, 6 on defense. Every specialist that we have, both returner and kick and punter are back.
- Program goals are, get your degree, and certainly we feel like our guys are getting that. What I think is happening is we’re probably graduating somewhere in the 70 percentile over the last three, four years, but our guys are coming back after they leave as juniors and come back to Baton Rouge, we make sure they get their degree.
- We’ve won 103 games in the last ten years, which is the — for that period of time, the school that’s won the most. So we look to improve and look forward to the season.
- I like my team. I like how they work. I think they’ll compete like hell. If they stay healthy and improve, I don’t care who we play. We look forward to playing them.
- In the season, we open with McNeese State in our state. They will fight like hell. We’ll have to play well against them. And then Mississippi State and Auburn. So we start fast. We get the speed execution where we want it, get a nice start, we’ll be right in it.